Create a learning experience that delivers relevant, bite-size content and builds skills through guided practice on a beautiful and intuitive platform.
Intrepid’s learning experience platform: an innovative cloud-based blended learning technology that empowers individual learners and offers organizations an effective and efficient way to train at scale.
Backed by our team’s deep corporate learning industry expertise, and complemented by a suite of services designed to ensure your success, our learning technology empowers you to deliver streamlined, integrated, and impactful learning experiences that drive performance improvements. Legacy learning systems don’t move at the pace employees do. The Intrepid Learning platform is built to deliver streamlined instruction using short-form content, applied practice, and familiar social features learners can access in the rhythm of their daily workflow. Why? Because engaging learning experiences empower individuals to drive organizational success. (Check out some of our clients’ success stories below.)
Designed with the Learner’s Mind in Mind
Our mobile-optimized technology offers a consumer-grade experience for your learners.
Gamification boosts engagement and drives motivation, guided real world assignments facilitate applied learning, and shared field report summaries and discussion enhance peer-to-peer learning. Prescriptive learning, ongoing remediation and reinforcement, performance support — all designed with the modern learner top of mind.
With our technology and support services you can design, develop, and implement an impactful and engaging experience that meets your business priorities — and delights your audience.
Impactful for a Variety of Learning Goals
Continuous Learning Journeys
Prepare for and Extend In-Person Workshops
Self-Directed Learning Experiences
Collaborative Corporate MOOCs
Our Most Popular Features
Applied Learning Via Missions
Complete the learning cycle by giving your learners the opportunity to practice new skills and apply new knowledge, reflect, and share their findings. Missions: real-world challenges that provide the opportunity to practice new skills through relevant, experiential assignments that bring key concepts and skills home. Field Reports: a summary of the Mission that is uploaded and shared with peers for further social learning and harnessing of institutional wisdom.
Prescriptive Learning Through Learning Paths
Guide your learners down a prescriptive learning path that delivers the right knowledge in short, single topics.
- Bite-sized content is designed to be consumed in fifteen minutes or less.
- Popular content formats like video, documents, audio, e-learning, discussions, and knowledge checks to give you the flexibility you need.
- Threaded discussions at the content level — no need to log into another engagement system.
- Optional pre-requisites can be set in order to guide learners, or left off for more exploratory learning.
Just-in-Time Content Library
Organize your content any way you’d like — you’re in complete control. Our tagging system is thorough, so your learners can find the resources they need without hassle.
- Tagging lets you categorize your content the way that suits your organization best.
- Quick search lets your learners find content from anywhere on the platform.
- My History page shows a learner all their activity in one place for quick reference and refreshers.
Gamification & Badging
Motivate your learners through light gamification, with features which can be adjusted to suit your company culture. Hit the friendly competition sweet spot, or just ensure learners feel a sense of accomplishment as they progress.
- Leaderboard shows your learners how they’re doing against course goals, or their peers.
- Badging reinforces the accomplishment of completing content, and can be used to demonstrate capability.
- Points can be assigned via various schema, to reflect criticality of content, or confirm competence with a passing grade minimums.
Client Success Stories
Microsoft’s highly impactful “mini cloud MBA” Corporate MOOC program for their global salesforce
- Microsoft has been in the midst of a significant business transformation with their focus on becoming a “Cloud First, Mobile First” software provider. This has required their sales organization to adapt to significant changes in “What they sell, How they Sell and Who They Sell To.”
- It was critical for their sales force to be able to shift from selling primarily on-premise software to buyers in IT organization to instead selling cloud and devices solutions through subscriptions to business decision maker buyers.
- Global salesforce of 15,000, all of whom needed to be trained in 18-24 months
- A highly customized program leveraging the MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) model, but tailored for the corporate world, and for Microsoft specifically
- Content from INSEAD and Wharton business schools.
- Program created and launched in under 5 months
- Three courses, 8 weeks long, 3 learner hours per week (Business Strategy & Financial Acumen, Business Model Innovation, Selling to the C-Suite)
- Each week an applied learning “Mission” saw learners creating account plans for real customers and sharing the results with their cohort via an uploaded ‘field report’, with a final peer-reviewed assignment trying it all together.
- 80%+ consistent passing rates (17x higher than average academic MOOC results) sustained over multiple cohorts and courses
- 93% of course survey respondents said their confidence in their ability to perform their role increased as a result of this course
- 99% overall learner satisfaction
- To date nearly 9,000 learners and thousands of real account plans created
- One year after launch, a survey of just 177 course participants revealed total self-reported deal revenue directly linked to the MOOC program of over $50M
- Higher net satisfaction and job readiness ratings from learners than for any other type of training delivered at Microsoft, including in-person events
- Over a dozen industry awards for Microsoft, INSEAD and Intrepid recognizing the program’s innovative approach and groundbreaking results
Whitepaper from the eLearning Guild on Microsoft’s Intrepid Corporate MOOC “Mini Cloud MBA” sales enablement program
“Making Good on the Corporate MOOC Promise” webinar with Microsoft’s Ludo Fourrage, INSEAD’s Prof. Peter Zemsky, and Intrepid’s Sanjay Advani
“We are thrilled at the impact this groundbreaking MOOC program for Microsoft sellers is having on our business. Intrepid and INSEAD’s partnership has been phenomenal and the results speak for themselves: consistently stellar 80% pass rates, high engagement, high voluntary enrollment, and demonstrated capability with won-deals directly attributable to the program. And, our sellers are rating the Intrepid-delivered courses even higher than in-person training events. We couldn’t be happier.”
— Ludovic Fourrage, Head Virtual Learning, Microsoft
Company-Wide Leadership Development Cascade
- Consumer goods organization transforming from a holding company to an operating company
- Goal: cascade to the entire company the core components of in-person and virtual leadership program delivered to top executives
- Blended approach embedding Harvard Business Publishing content in the Intrepid platform with client context and applied learning
- Combination of live webinars and self-directed learning paths with recorded videos, Harvard content, discussion threads, and individual and group missions
- Very high satisfaction, program impact, and applicability to job ratings (4.5/5, higher than traditional classroom training historically offered) from learners and strong support for the blended learning approach from the CEO
- Program participant: “Once everyone is through the program and has engaged in the content we will operate as a ‘well-oiled machine’.”
- Learners report the platform activities made the content come alive and made the company-specific context clear
- 800 participants through the program; will roll out to 9,000 globally in 8 languages summer 2016
- Learning team plans to deploy future learning using the Intrepid platform for function-specific and enterprise-wide training
“I knew from the moment I saw a demo of the Intrepid platform that this approach to learning is exactly what I was looking for and that it supported my vision for engaging, collaborative learning for our high-priority leadership development initiative. Intrepid’s online platform surpassed my expectations and provided: robust engagement, easy administration, and most of all real business impact. The cascade to all our employees worldwide on Intrepid’s platform continues to show real value for our investment, and our learners’ investment of their time.”
— Vice President, Learning & Performance, consumer goods manufacturing company
Health Insurance Call Center & Operations Onboarding
- Highly distributed global locations
- Rigorous, 18-week role-based training
- 100% in-person training model
- Large team of skilled facilitators required to travel constantly to operations locations
- Blended learning model enables new hires to learn at their own pace & connect regularly with facilitator for VILT events. Includes general and role-specific training.
- ~10,000 new hires onboarded
- 15%+ reduction in onboarding cycle time for call center new hires. Thousands of hours of productive time added to the business, which equates to several million dollars in annual savings.
- Increased instructor productivity – reduce teaching time & over-time for admin; increase course prep & development time.
- Increased training availability – now available world-wide regardless of new hire numbers or geographic location.
- Accelerated adoption across multiple roles.
- Client continues to add new role-specific training on the Intrepid platform at a fast clip
Management Consulting Senior Partner Development
- Firm sought to broaden partner awareness and knowledge related to top strategic themes impacting their global clients
- Partners traditionally met every other year for development
- Most sophisticated, time-starved, senior-level executives in firm
- Developed 10 MOOC-like courses on strategic themes as pre-work leading up to 2 in-person global events
- 1600 learners; ~ 5 hours/course
- 600 client conversations
- 1100 partners took 2+ courses
- Vast majority of senior partners rated online learning “very effective preparation” for live learning events, and learners overwhelmingly responded in a post-course survey that they preferred the online experience to an additional day of live training
- Based on results, program being rolled out to broader audience
Aerospace Manufacturing Software Rollout
- Enterprise PLM software rollout and change management strategy to drive efficiency and throughput across the organization.
- Training required for 70+ roles
- Initial approach was an 18 month software rollout/migration and change management plan that included 50+ ILT events tailored for the unique roles – at massive time, expense and opportunity cost.
- Blended learning online + classroom approach of 46 courses delivered to 5,200+ learners in 3 countries and in 2 languages. “Tell Me, Show Me, Let Me, Help Me” format guides self-paced training with same training site used for ongoing performance support.
- Applied PLM practice through real-world assignments.
- Full program is currently in phased rollout, with positive participant and leadership reaction. VP of Customer Service: “This is the best training and only approach we should use ongoing.”
Continuous Learning Journey for Leadership Development
- 2 year program to accelerate leadership development of entry-level talent capable of meeting challenges of global supply chain operations. Longitudinal program includes 3 eight-month rotations.
- Global program needed an integrated learning experience that supports the three rotations.
- Developed 3-month MOOC that enables collaboration and real-world application for new cohort. New MOOC being developed for 2nd rotation and a ‘refresh’ of first MOOC for winter new hires.
- 85% of participants earned 80% of possible points
- 35% of participants completed all content and earned extra credit
- 43,300 unique content views
“We have been so happy with the design and performance of the Intrepid platform. The discussion forums have been the most powerful aspect, and I love the simplicity and openness of the format—our high-potential leaders are able to have great conversations amongst themselves easily. When I last looked at the current cohort there were over 100 separate discussion threads going! And the whole platform looks great visually. It’s so simple to use but so powerful for our learners, offering them a dynamic experience that really increases the impact of our program.
From the administrative side, the Intrepid platform gave me everything I needed. It’s easy to navigate and to curate content, which lets us keep the digital learning fresh, pertinent and practical without undue burden for my team. The analytics the platform offers, the ability to see what learners are doing and their feedback, is much better than any of the other technologies we vetted, and we love the insights we are able to get. I love being able to give our developing leaders valuable information in a contemporary, engaging, and connected manner—it’s invaluable to our company’s future.”
— Global Program Manager, multinational conglomerate
Fill out the form below to join our mailing list and stay on top of corporate learning info, insights, and inspirations.